Not your grandmas chicken soup!
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 2 hours
- 4 carrots, peeled, cut into half inch pieces on a bias
- 8 chipolini onions peeled, sliced in halves
- 3 large celery sticks, sliced thin
- 5 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1 leek, sliced thin, make sure to cut off the entire green part
- 1/4 cup avocado oil
- 2 Tbsp Paprika Spice
- 2 Tbsp Turmeric Spice
- 1 Tbsp Garlic Powder
- 1 Tbsp Onion Powder
- 1 Tbsp Black Pepper
- 2 Tbsp Tomato Paste
- 4 Sprigs Thyme
- 2 containers organic vegetable stock
- 1 whole chicken, skin on, cut into 6 pieces
- Please note: If chicken is kosher, don't add additional salt. If your chicken is not kosher, add a pinch of salt.
1. Using a dutch oven, preferably Le Cruiset, heat avocado oil on medium heat for 2 minutes. Then add carrots, onions, celery, and leeks. Sauté for 7 minutes on medium. Then add sliced garlic to vegetable mixture and lower heat to medium low
2. Add paprika, turmeric, garlic powder, onion powder, and black pepper to vegetables. Then immediately after add chicken pieces. Turn heat to medium. Allow chicken pieces to brown up. This will take about 8 minutes. Then add tomato paste. Mix ingredients all together.
3. Now add 2 boxes of vegetable broth. Place thyme sprigs ontop. Cook on low heat for 2 hours. Stick every 30 minutes.
4. When ready to serve, finish each bowl with thinly shaved scallions and a few sprigs of fresh dill, and lemon slices! Enjoy!