Seared Salmon with Mushroom and Spinach Pasta
Serving size: 6 people
Preparation time: 30 minutes
- 8 pieces of salmon, skin on, cut into 3 ounce squares
- 4 Tbsp Everything Salt Seasoning
- 2 Tbsp Paprika Powder
- 2 Tbsp Ghee, Clarified Butter
- 1 pack Spinach flavored Spaghetti or pasta of your choice
- 2 packs white mushrooms, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, grated
- 2 Tbsp Ricotta Cheese
- 2 Tbsp grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 cup reserved pasta water
- 1 tbsp grape seed oil
1. Wash salmon pieces with cold water, then pat dry with a paper. Season salmon with everything salt seasoning and paprika on both sides. Then heat a large sauté pan with ghee on medium heat for two minutes. Place salmon piece skin down first. Cook on each side for 3 minutes. Then set aside.
2. Heat a high edge pot with water and a teaspoon of salt. Place on heat until water boils. Then add spinach pasta. Boil for 8 minutes. Then strain and save pasta water. Set Aside.
3. Heat the same pot with grape seed oil for 2 minutes until pan is hot. Then add sliced mushrooms. Sauté on high heat for 3 minutes. Add salt and pepper. Set Aside.
4. Using the same pot, heat butter on low heat. Then add grated garlic, whole milk, ricotta cheese, black pepper, salt, and lemon juice.Add mushrooms and allow sauce to thicken up for a minute. Add spinach pasta. Add 1/4 cup pasta water.
5. Plate pasta in individual plates. Serve a piece of crispy salmon on top of each serving of pasta. Shave fresh parmesan cheese on top . Enjoy!